Learn to teach group exercise and cycle classes!
At the end of this course, you will have the knowledge and confidence you need to continue on the path of becoming a fitness leader.
Course topics include leadership, trends and media, history, legal responsibility and accountability, class components, music, movement and cueing, developing movement combinations, exercise analysis, and special populations. This course will also include a cycle (spin) designation to prepare you to develop and deliver recreational indoor cycling classes.
For those who have completed an Exercise Theory Course, this specialty course is the second step in becoming a certified AFLCA fitness leader.
Coffee and tea will be provided; however, participants are responsible for snacks and lunch. We will take a lunch break from 12:00pm – 1:00pm.
Showers and change-rooms are available to participants when at the Racquet Club during the course.
AFLCA GROUP INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
- Friday November 22, from 5:30pm – 9:30pm at the Racquet Club (4002-49th Avenue) in Yellowknife.
- Saturday November 23, from 8:30am-Noon at the Northstar Building (4910 53 St, Yellowknife, NT X1A 1V2) - Room 1, First floor
- Saturday November 23, from 1:00pm-6:00pm at the Racquet Club Fitness Room (4002-49th Avenue) in Yellowknife.
AFLCA SPIN CERTIFICATION
- Sunday November 24, from 7:00am-2:00pm at the Racquet Club Fitness Room (4002-49th Avenue) in Yellowknife.
Please bring the following with you:
- Pen/pencil and a notebook
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes including workout clothing and shoes (outdoor shoes are not permitted at the Racquet Club)
To be considered fully registered we require 100% payment.
For more information, contact Bri Krekoski at firstname.lastname@example.org | 867-669-8381.
If you need to cancel your registration, the NWTRPA must be notified of the cancellation by email. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date and time we receive email notification as follows:
- Before 3 days of workshop date – 85% refund
- Within 24 hours of workshop date – No refund
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association reserves the right to cancel any program or workshop. If such a situation arises, you will be notified as soon as possible (by email or phone call). In the event of a cancellation, you will be refunded all monies paid.