This interactive session will be Trainer led and will introduce participants to evidence-based guidelines and actions that will help recreation practitioners make their programs, places and spaces more welcoming and accessible to people experiencing mental health challenges.
Recreation can play a pivotal role in the mental health recovery process and is important for the maintenance of mental wellness for all people.
Because of the connections between recreation, mental wellness and social equity, equitable access to recreation is key to increasing wellness and social equity overall.
- explore how mental health impacts everyone's life,
- look at the impact of stigma and learn how to reduce it
- explore the barriers people face and brainstorm strategies and supports necessary for participation in community recreation
- be introduced to 10 practice guidelines and 50+ action steps for positive change
- begin to create an action plan for your organization
The training will give you a renewed sense of the power of recreation to change people’s lives for the better and the tools to help you do it!
Please note this will be an online training. You will need internet access the entire session.