The Lake Canoe Instructor course teaches participants how to teach introduction lake canoe skills courses. Successful participants will also be able to teach Waterfront clinic and Canoeing basics course and assist on Intermediate Lake skill or instructor courses. If you are interested in leading canoe trips, building canoeing skills in your community and/or region, or interested in improving your own canoeing and teaching skills, this is the course for you! It is the industry standard in Canada for guides, trip leaders, and outdoor recreationists, as it is a nationally recognized certification. Successful participants will receive two certifications: Intermediate Lake Canoe Skills and Tandem Lake Canoe Instructor.
The course will be taught by Cathy Allooloo from NARWAL Northern Adventures. To learn more about Cathy, check out her bio.
Collaborative Grant Recipients: Free
Non-members: $150 + GST
Members: $100 + GST
Registration Deadline: August 16, 2020
- Must live in Yellownknife, Dettah, N'Dilo, or Behchoko to avoid the spread of COVID-19 to remote communities. See the NWTRPA's current policy on programming during COVID-19 here.
- Participants must be at least sixteen years old. Those under eighteen years of age require the written consent of a parent or guardian.
What to Bring
- Water bottle/Coffee Mug
- Layered clothing and gear in a waterproof bag to spend time on the water
- Clothing you don't mind getting dirty or wet
- Notebook and pencil/pen
If you need to cancel your registration, the NWTRPA must be notified of the cancellation by email. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date and time we receive email notification as follows:
- Before 3 days of workshop date – 85% refund
- Within 24 hours of workshop date – No refund
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association reserves the right to cancel any program or workshop. If such a situation arises, you will be notified as soon as possible (by email or phone call). In the event of a cancellation, you will be refunded all monies paid.
For more information, contact Rachel Cluderay at email@example.com | 867-669-8392